Welcome to my life...: My first football game
Sunday, September 17, 2006
「 instead of homework or sleeping at 3:57 AM 」

My first football game


So today I went to my very first USC football game: The #4 ranked Trojans vs. the #19 University of Nebraska Cornhuskers. It was insane. First of all, the game started at 5 but we had to leave our dorm at 2 just to get in line. Oh, the line... Walking to the Coliseum wasn't that bad, but once we got there, there was a bajillion people and the line was a mile long. Luckily we found some people to cut with, but it wasn't that close to the front. For a while, it wasn't too bad. The line wasn't really moving but we were stopped right next to these people giving out free Full Throttle and Tab so that was pretty cool. But once we got closer to the front of the line, the craziness started. People started pushing. We were so close together, people were touching me and I was touching people and you just couldn't help it. I thought, ok this is kind of ridiculous, but not too bad. Then people really started pushing. I was getting smashed and I having a hard time breathing - not to mention the fact that someone had really bad b.o. Then the whole crowd started swaying because no one could stand up straight. People started getting really pissed. These two guys next to me started fucking yelling at each other. I thought they were actually going to start beating the shit out of each other and I was kind of scared that I would get hit in the process too. Luckily we were so packed that they couldn't even really lift up their arms so in the end all they did was yell. We stood in that packed, sweaty, hard-to-breathe line for what seemed like forever. I was on the inside edge of the line, up against a free-standing fence divider and when the crowd swayed toward me, my whole side of the line would fall on the fence and tip it onto the people on the other side. So those people would all lean on it and push it back the other way. Meanwhile, these huge security guards are barking, "Move back! Stop pushing!" They're getting pissy, and people are getting pissy right back screaming, "You think we can help it?" Just a very pissy situation in general. (In more ways than one. It smelled too.) Once we finally got into the stadium, it somehow magically becamed nowhere near as crowded. We went to our seats in the student section, and then waited for an hour or so until the game started. I'm really not a football person, but the atmosphere is so fun and crazy here. Everyone's so excited and has school spirit. Everyone cheers and participates and the band plays and gets everyone riled up. Not to mention the team kicks ass. What a change from high school...

posted by bRad at 3:57 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home